Idaho: "Pack" rafting on the Deadwood river.

Today are are doing an actual pack haul along with the rafting. We will hike a couple of hours to get the most out of the Deadwood river (the name sounds sinister !). This was a fun packed adventure day.
OI001306

I finally got to try out my duffle and independent harness system. I am glad to say it worked well. After my dehydration effort on a side trip walk on the Tatshenshini I also carried 4 litres of water.



 According to riverfacts.com -
The End of Road to South Fork Payette River stretch of Deadwood River in Boise County is 10 miles long and it is classified as a class III-IV section by American Whitewater.
I'd agree with the summary, we had some fun on the river  The walk was pleasant too, albeit on the hot side.

OI001331

I along with others had some dramatic save efforts on bracing out of some big rocks with raft sucking holes like the one pictured.

OI001345

Though luck ran out on this one:
OI001346>

Deadwood river - a fun stretch of water.

OI001352

We also did the Canyon run on the South Fork Payette river as it was a natural extension (turn right and you are on it).. As I did this again on the next day, I will describe that fun bit of water on the next blog post.




Comments